Thank you for taking the first step in securing your child's education with Head Start.
To be considered for Early Head Start/Head Start:
• Children 3 to 4 years old from families with low income, according to the Poverty Guidelines published by the Federal government, are eligible for Head Start services. (Tippecanoe Co, Clinton Co, Carroll Co, and White Co.)
• Five-year-old’s who are not eligible for public Kindergarten
• Infants and Toddlers up to 3 years old or women who are pregnant from families with low income, according to the Poverty Guidelines published by the Federal government, are eligible for Early Head Start services who live in or show a need in Tippecanoe County.
• Children in foster care, homeless children, and children from families receiving public assistance regardless of income
• Children Birth to Five years old with disabilities.
Bauer Head Start does not provide transportation services. Community resources are available to assist families with transportation.
Please complete the following information to begin the process and help us determine eligibility. Remember you will need to submit the following documents before we can determine your child's eligibility for Head Start:
• Income verification (examples: prior year's tax form, W-2's, child support, 3 recent pay stubs, letter of employment, TANF, SSI or SNAP eligibility documentation)
• Child's Birth Certificate or other proof of birth
These documents may be attached at the end of the online application, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to your scheduled intake appointment at our Intake Offices.
Once we have received your application, we will contact you to set up an intake appointment. Submitting all your documents early will help speed up your appointment. Additional documents will be needed before your child will be placed on the waitlist. This list of documents will be provided to you when your intake appointment is scheduled.
Please fill in all applicable fields when completing the online applications.
Please complete this information about the child's primary parent or guardian.
The primary adult is:
• The Head Start child's mother or father
• Another family member who is a primary caregiver
• Foster parent or authorized caregiver, guardian or the person with whom the child has been placed for purposes of adoption pending a final adoption decree.
If the primary adult is not listed on the birth certificate, please be prepared to provide documentation showing guardianship.
Please complete the following information about the child's primary place of residence.
Homelessness is defined as lacking, fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
This may include:
• sharing housing
• living in motels/hotels
• living in shelters
&bul; living somewhere not designed to be housing.
We will verify your living situation at your scheduled intake appointment.
Complete this section for the child's secondary parent or guardian.
A secondary parent or guardian is:
• legally married to the Head Start child's primary adult or guardian
• listed on the child's birth certificate.
Are there other adults in the household?
Please complete for the family members the child resides with.
You will also need to designate Contacts. Contacts should be adults that we can contact if we are unable to reach the primary and/or secondary parent/guardians. For each contact you provide, you are providing permission for them to be an emergency contact and/or allowing your child to be released to them.
Three Emergency Contacts must be provided and be someone that is local and can pick up the child if needed. You will click the "Add Emergency Contact" button for each person.
Remember to list your total gross income (income before taxes) for the year. Income can include the following:
• wages from a job
• unemployment benefits
• Social Security
• cash assistance (TANF)
• child support
• veteran's benefits.
If you have no income at all, please put 0.
Please complete this section for the child planning to attend Head Start
Do you want to apply now for another child in your family?
Are there other children in the family?
Thank you for your interest in Head Start!
Please read below and then hit submit when you are finished.
By submitting this document, you are certifying that this information is true. If any part is false, your participation in the Head Start program may be terminated. All information in the application will be held in strict confidence within the agency and is accessible during normal business hours.
Remember we will need copies of all proof of income and your child's birth certificate to determine eligibility. Copies may be:
• Attached on the next screen
• Emailed to email@example.com. Be sure to include parent and child's name on any documents emailed.
• Or brought to your scheduled intake appointment.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 765-449-0487 or toll free at 844-229-9580 from 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
A Head Start staff member will contact you in 2-3 business days to schedule your intake appointment.
Bauer Head Start does not discriminate against any individual or group because of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, marital status, handicap or political beliefs.